I never heard of Calmurid before so I googled it and it says:

This cream contains the active ingredients urea and lactic acid. It is used to moisturise and rehydrate dry, scaly skin

Urea and lactic acid ingredients are both recommended by ichthy-ans.

I usually look at what parents are doing to help children, but some have mentioned soaking hands in aquaphor or other creamer and wrapping them in plastic (cellophane) for over night. I can tell my son's hands are the worse probably from playground play and especially on days when he has Art and they use clay. My mom recently got him a unit that warms up a moisturizing wax. He will rub a lot of lotion on his hands, then dip his hands in the wax. The heat and seal of the wax will moisutize the scales and help them peel later. We would have to do this daily with him, and he doesn't feel the benefits are worth it. So we have packed it up for now. But I might try again when he gets older and wants to hold a girls hand or something. [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck.

Charmed