Sorry to hear you are being treated so bad. One thing I think you should look into is if you doctor signs you off work as you are not medically fit you are not actually allowed to work for that period once you have handed the sick certificate to your employer ( your employer may be the benefits agency/unemployment people) even if you want to. If you have a doctors certificate saying you are mentally or physically unwell the benefits office cannot ignore this. I would advise you to go back to your doctor and get thier advice. Hope you get somewhere with this there are so many out there claiming all sorts of benefits and getting them no questions asked when they don't need them at all.

Good luck