Hi Laura, my 5 year old daughter suffers from LI and has greatly benefited from Tahitian Noni Juice. I gave it to her when she was 4ys 6mths after her dermatologist recommended the drug Acitretin. I decided not to take the drug route and took the noni myself before I gave it to Aiesha to see what the effects would be. Well, after 2 weeks, without going into any detail, various things within my body seem better if not fixed so at that point I started giving noni to Aiesha. After 2 weeks on the juice she got the worst I had ever seen (I guess this was a detox and I had been warned about it). I reduced the dose and carried on. The third week, the scales started falling off and the skin underneath was smooth - and this stayed for 12 weeks. When the scales returned, they were not as prominent as before. There is a definate cycle of scaling and shedding that still carries on but nothing like before. Will she have to take noni forever? Yes, because one of her doctors made us take Aiesha off the noni (because she doesn't believe in natural medicine) and Aiesha went straight back to "pre-noni" stage in 2 weeks. Why Tahitian? Well, like any great products there are always companies who want to jump on the bandwagon and make some money. I could go on about TNJ forever so if people want to know more (i.e. the science behind it, how it works, where to obtain, etc) then they are welcome to email me at sonia_patel@hotmail.com.
Note is important to know that TNJ is not the sole answer to ichthyosis. There are also many other things we can do to provide relief for our symptoms. I shall be posting regularly so watch this space.....