I have dealt with this problem since birth, here is my recommendations:

When showering, enjoy it hot or cold, lather your face with soap and rinse under shower, once the skin feels non oily, take your fingers and rub off the dry skin, it should come off easy, concentrate around the chin bone area, near the nose, around the nose, near the ears, not too much on the nose since that is light skin. ok that sounds like a lot of work but should take less then 5 mins, next lather your wash cloth, use a nice soap with glycerin to make it slippery, rub your face to remove any left over dry skin and to get a thorough cleaning of the face area that the fingers missed, the washcloth speeds things up but make sure to clean the skin with fingers first or this will not be effective. Make sure to rub with cloth away from water to keep the slippery feel there then continue under the water for full cleaning. DONE....5-10 mins if not less

For the neck area, lather the cloth and rub away from water to get that slippery clean, then under water to get full clean.

For men, shave every four days, shaving makes rubbing 90% easier. Dont shave every other day cuz the skin is too sensitive and it will get hard.

For the body, shave the legs, shaving is easy way to keep the flaking to a minimum, even though its not manly, it helps reduce overall flaking and making your living area cleaner. After shaving, lather wash cloth and rub down to remove any hard flaking areas, then rub under running shower for full clean, once a week should be good enough for this. This also applies to arms but twice a week is good minus the cloth rubs every week.

Hope this helps, its worked for me since I experimented at age 20, oh, this regimen for the face should be every other day only, the other days should be a quick shower with no rubbing :-)

SaJ