I have a three year old son with Lamellar and an 18 month old daughter with Lamellar. Both of my kids get very red when they have a fever and even without a fever, they do get redish when they are sick. I think the skin tends to dry out and peal when their bodies are fighting off an illness (especially with a fever) which causes some irritation thus the reddness. When our son was a year old, he got his first big illness which caused him to peal the top layer of skin over his entire body mulitple times before he was healthy again. This happened several times in a row and we are getting better with taking care of his skin with each illness. With the first sign of illness in the house, we double (even tripple) up on his skin care (our daughter as well). Even if they are not the ones that are sick in the house, we try to get their skin as moist as possible in the even of an illness. If they are the ones that start to get sick first, we go crazy with the skin care at the first sniffle...kind of like a preemptive strike. Try bulking up on your skin care at the first sign of illness...it has been effective in our house.