Yeah it does suck and I've certainly felt like a freak many times but hey, what's normal anyway? I've got the x-man version of ich, but I understand the symptoms to be pretty similar to vulgaris. My work has bounced me all around the country over the years. The only time in my life I was virtually free of symtoms was when I lived in S. Florida. I am happy to say I am heading back to Fl soon and will only leave again if I find out how to make a living in the Caribbean. Obviously I support the warm climate theory. I think the salt baths are a good idea though becuase the real benefit I have received in the past was soaking in the ocean and then soaking up rays on the beach. It seemed to be the combination of sun and salt water. Otherwise it's bottle after bottle of lac-hydrin, plus special shampoos and a scalp brush, oil laden soaps, moisterizers, cortizone drops for my ears and tear drops for my eyes. Oh, and one more approach. You were saying how the scales still didn't come off? Me neither, except that a few hours after I do the lactic acid bit, I use my fingernails and just rip the damn things off. This regimen (when I have the discipline to do the whole thing) makes me feel ok about my skin with women but it can get interesting when they first realize my bathroom holds more of this kind of stuff than their's does. :-) I always claim that at least I give a good massage because my plams are so soft from applying all the lotions to myself. :-)

------------------
Ray