I really hope I'm not intruding here guys, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I think it's very tough for both genders with ichthyosis to find someone to have a relationship with. From a woman's perspective, you're darn tooting right that we are trained to look a certain way to attract men.

I certainly hope that our society is moving more towards finding a partner due to their personality, talents, and communication skills rather than looks. However popular media doesn't seem to be reflecting that too much.

I have some wonderful male friends without a skin disorder or physical disability of any kind. Frankly, they lament the same things you guys are here "Are we not good looking enough, do we not make enough money" etc. etc.

Keith is so very very right in that a woman who can't deal with your ichthyosis isn't worth it. Realize that a woman like that probably wouldn't even be willing to be friends with someone who has ichthyosis, regardless of gender. I am sure all of you would say the same thing to me if I asked you about a guy who wasn't comfortable with my skin.

So on that note, what's that old song again, "You Sexy Thang" =)