Hi Everyone,

I've not been on in a long time and see that there are a lot of new names out here. Wow it's great to see. Anyway, I come from three generations of EHK, my mother has it, I have it and my daughter has it.

I've never really noticed about the peeling after a fever persay, however, I have noticed in all three of us, that if we get skin infections and blister, afterwards our skin will peel off in those areas and become smooth underneath.

I am 37 and my daughter is 18, we have also monitored our skin and the different phases it goes through and have noticed that during seasonal changes our skin will get dramatically worse while the temperatures are up and down and going through the actual change from one season to the next, however, once it evens out and stays consistant, so does our skin and then it clears up.

Another thing we've noticed, is about three years ago we moved back to CA from living in Arkansas for nine years and have noticed that since being here we've not anywhere near the skin infections we got while living in Arkansas. I don't know if it's because it's dryer out here as to where it's extremly humid in AR but the whole nine years we lived there we battled with some serious skin infections on a regular basis. I remember times we would no sooner get rid of one infection and two or three days later here we'd go again.

As for the rash, the only thing I can think of is perhaps a contact rash caused by coming in contact with an irritant or perhaps an allergic reaction. If your certain it's not the measels that could be it. Another thing, when we get scabies it affects our skin far different than it does most people. With us, it will cause an itchy rash all over and those spots will turn into little blisters. The doctors don't recognise it because it's so different, but if you've tried everything you can think of such as changing laundry soap, and bar soap that you shower with etc. and you continue to get this terrible rash, chances are it's scabies. And unfortunately scabies is extremely contagious especially from children and they only have to be near someone who has it in order to contract it. So keep this in mind.

Good luck,
Karen Sawyer