Hi,
Yes, Karlijn's face is pretty 'clean'as well. We did have some trouble getting the thick scales from her skull however. But when she was a few months old we started using lard to remove the worst. Which helped tremenduously but also smelled very bad... After only 2 times of using it she looked like a different baby however. I really regret we didn't take before and after pictures... When the scales where somewhat in control we stopped using lard (from the pharmacist, mind, not the butchers!)and now we use baby-oil only once a week, which is in our case sufficient to keep it to a minimum. (Just let it soak overnight and wash it out) But that will be of later concern. What I think might be of better use now is the diapering I used, and still use during the daytime. The dermatologist told us not to use cotton diapers, as I had intended to. But disposables caused terrible blistering, so me and some nurses in the hospital decided to experiment with cotton.Well you can't have your baby being naked all day outside of the hospital, can you? (well in the summertime you can..) .I'm not sure what kind of non-disposable diapers are availlable in the US, but here they mainly consist of a square piece of cotton, folded into a triangle and then pinned together. Mosly those diapers are covered whith plastic diapercovers. Needless to say those plastic coverings are out of the question. Also the egdes of the diaper tend to rub the skin to hard , but then we started to fold them 'inside out' and used tape to keep the diapers in shape. As a coverage we use very simple H-shaped pieces of fleece, which is folded around the diaper. When the skin gets a little stronger, you can even tuck the legparts in a little. Use very soft liningtissue in the diaper, so it will not rub to hard. When I wanted to have some covers (first we used a disposable several sizes to large over the cotton diaper as a coverage, which helped, but also made karlijn look like a pear with hardly any legs. Difficult to fit clothes on!) I found some US sites, one of which which was called sew-you-own-diapers. Maybe someone there might be able to help you find out what might work for your girl. I'll be sending those pictures right away.
Veronique