Hello to all -- I'm thankful to have found this site at the direction of our dermatologist. This may be a long ramble, so I apologize in advance. My wife and I just had our second child. First one born without any complications....second one, not so lucky. He was born with a collodion membrane, and due to complications from that spent 3 wks. in NICU. It shed fairly well, and other complications were corrected. He's been home now for a couple weeks, and we're all trying to adjust as best as possible. We're lucky to have a good Pediatric Derm. here in the area. While our son (Adam) was in NICU, the derm. diagnosed him with EHK. His blistering seems bad to us, but the derm. says it's actually more on the mild side. He's already developing some hyperkeratosis around his ankles, on the inner thigh by his groin, and the backs of his elbows. We've bought stock in the makes of Aquafor (just kidding), and find that it's works well to moisturize. We know we can't prevent the blisters, so we're dealing with it the best we can. The derm. says that the blistering will subide with age, and will likely disappear within a few years. He says there's no way to predict where, or how severe the hyperkeratotic skin will develop. He has told us what the typical areas are, and even said that it's less common on the face, chest, stomach and back. He has also said that the better we keep him moisturized now can help lessen the severity of things down the road. Here's where the questions come. First, does this seem like the typical progression? Is he giving us best case, or average case scenario? What are some of the things we can do now to help with the blistering? I'd love to hear from as many people as possible in repect to your own experience. Needless to say my wife and I are having a difficult time dealing with all of this. If I can get a better understanding of what we're likely to face down the road...1, 5, 10, 15 years, I can then begin mentally preparing myself. I hope to begin communicating with as many of you as possible. I hope I can offer support to each of you, because I know we'll need it back.

------------------