Hey Sirena...

Regards the knife using...As Paul Hogan would say Mine "is not an ordinary knife"...I use a Surgical Scalpel...but luckily for me I don't have any kids running around the house....I keep it on an envelope just behind the bath taps...

And I remember one time last year, when my scraping judgement was so poor, that I DID HAVE quite a few slash marks over my arms and legs...It kind of freaked my Psychiatrist out....And my mother told my husband to keep those scalpels out of MY SIGHT....LOL...it was so funny...

No one trusted me with that scalpel...and my dermatologists were not too happy either....They asked me if I realised how fragile my lower skin layers were...and they also said that the scraping can have an opposite effect in the long run...as they felt that it could promote callouses to form (elsewhere aside from my thick hands and feet)...

Now I have the salt working wonders, I don't need to scrape the body with a knife anymore...except for hands and feet....

Sirena, do you ever tell lay people what you do with that knife...People almost faint when they hear that we can cut our skin off...it cracks me up that they think we would be in excruciating pain like normal skin would be...

I had a relative who just couldn't watch when my mum spent 1 hour cutting the skin off the soles of my feet...

Has anyone who has EHK...(thick hands/feet) ever tried to cut a long piece off without it breaking....JUST LIKE PEELING AN ORANGE?
it is great fun...

HAPPY SCULPTING... [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Love Pauline...