I haven't thought about this in years, but for some reason it just popped into my mind...

When I was in grade school (K through 5th grade), there was a book in the school library on how to make yourself really good halloween costumes. I remember paging through it one day, and thinking, 'wow, alot of this stuff is really cool looking.' And then coming to a costume for ichthyosis! No lie--it had a recipe with oatmeal and other stuff to spread all over your face, neck and hands and said something like this being one of the scariest costumes you could do!

I never said anything to anyone about it being there...but every once in a while I'd go pull it out and look at it, kind of still in awe and shock that it was there. I think it was the first time I'd ever seen ichthyosis included in any way in anything (book, magazine, whatever) other than some medical tome, and I couldn't believe it was in the context of a scary halloween costume!

Now, that gets thinking of more stuff [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Did you guys see the X-Files episode where one of the characters had ichthyosis? I thought that was kind of cool, in terms of raising awarenes...but it still made ichthyosis out to be something really terrible.

Oh well...random ramblings. Anyone else have any experiences with ichthyosis and halloween?