I think the sodium thing does have to do with the NS. When Tyler was born ( he was a month early)you could tell right away something was wrong. His skin was bright red and very dry and peely. His first night at the hospital, they had a difficult time keeping his temp stable, he wasn't able to regulate it on his own. They sent him over to the Children's hospital in Grand Rapids and there they found his electrolyte levels and sodium levels were off the charts! The doctor told us he had never seen levels so high (that made us feel wonderful, NOT!) He had jaundice plus was having trouble urinating too. He was hopitalized for 10 days before they released him. By then his sodium & electrolyte levels were normal(thank god) and he was peeing normally. He was 7 lbs when he was born, and when he was released he was a little over 6 lbs. Since then he too has been slow growing.

Around the age of 3 mths he began vomiting up his formula. We tried different formulas, tried adding cereal into his formula, tried burping him after every ounce, but whatever we tried it seemed to come up! His pediatrician put him on Prevacid and that seemed to help. It finally stopped around 5mths of age. He now is around 15 lbs and is a very good eater! He still spits up every now and then, but otherwise he's getting quite a belly on him [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

The only concern feeding-wise I have with him is that he is VERY gassy. I have never heard a kid fart so much in my entire life! I don't know if its the formula he's on (he's been on Enfamil EnfaCare) or if its the introduction of solids. Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by wbreen (edited January 18, 2008).]