That is a good idea, I'm already certified in CPR and First Aid - got certified when I was a senior in high school, and every year I just do a class to re-new it, so I'm good on that angle. Plus DH is certified from when he was in bootcamp last year.

I spoke with the nutritionist again today, after attempting to give her mashed up boiled chicken (didn't even attempt to chew it, just cried when I put it in her mouth b/c she didn't know what to do!), and she agrees with me that she doesn't think Julia's ready for that stuff yet. She thinks that the GI doc just didn't hear her when she said Jules was at a 6 month level, just saw 14 months on the chart (tho if he thought she was a normal size for 14 months, he must not see a lot of kids! lol). She said to try crumbled up graham crackers in her jarred solids, not chunks just teeny tiny pieces, which'll make her have to use a chewing motion, instead of just being able to swallow it. So I guess I'll try that, and keep pushing the chunkier stage 3 foods for now...