Hi Robin,

I know it can be very appealing and exciting at the prospect of finding new drugs that can make such a big difference to our appearance, and comfortableness of our skin. I couldn't wait to start on these types of drugs either at age 14, but I personally had disastrous results with a drug very similar to accutane, so I can't speak for this one....However I just advise you to make sure that your daughter has periodical bone density scans, as I had severe pain in the bones of my feet, and it was passed off as skin pain....I now have osteopenia of my feet, and osteoporosis in my spine and hips, and I am only 38 years old.....These are very hidden side-effects which we cannot become initially ill from, but we pay for it down the track......so be very careful....

I feel in the long run, acceptance comes from within, and the potential side effects are just not worth the sacrifice for worrying about what other people think of us....But everyone has individual ideas and some have fabulous physical results...It is the hidden ones which worry me....

Keith has so much more bone and joint problems than me now, because he didn't seem to have the sensitivity to the drug, so he stayed on it for a much longer time than myself....whereas because it was so disabling for my skin, I may have been saved from far more skeletal damage....

Just my concerns and weariness, that is all..
All the best in whatever you decide
Regards Pauline.