My estriol with my second son was zero, and with my third son .02. I do not remember the other results to the screening.
The doctors always told me my oldest sons skin was dry and to lotion him more, I would say "I do lotion him", they would just nod. All three of my boys have x linked ichthyosis. We did not know our oldest had it..he was born in 1994 because the doctors did not do that type of testing at the time. I had an amnio with my second pregnancy that pin pointed x linked ichthyosis after the blood screen came back zero estriol. When I was pregnant with my thrid son, and had a new OB?GYN because we had moved to a new state, even though my medical records stated "carrier for x linked ichthyosis", my new doctor still wanted to preform more tests and amnio, etc after my third pregnancy had.02 estriol. Which is very low.
The amnio can tell you for sure if its just x linked or not. Slos was mentioned to me, but because my two older boys had a confirmed diagnosis, I did not have any further testing done. I dont know if your oldest has it or not, but we only found out our oldest did, when the second pregnancy was diagnosed. I hope this helps. I will be thinking about you and your boys..I have been there.