It so fustrating when your doctor just brushes off your concerns almost like they are not legitamite. When my sister was born with her first son, I told her to print out that e-medicine article because on the bottom of it, it states some legal information and liabilities. It might scare them into listening to you. It's hard because there are no studies and not a lot of knowledge about everything that the doctors will hardly listen. Like, if they don't know then how could we possibly know?!?

I'm not going to go into the whole drama of my son's birth, but besides never going into full labor, AND pratically stopping after induction, he went undiagnosed for at least 24 hours. They said his skin was scaly because he was post. As a newborn his skin became weak and that whole biology lesson that your skin is an organ starts flashing in my head. He was losing fluids through his skin, became dehydrated and got a skin infection. Once they put the aquaphor on his skin it acted as a barrier and he immediatly started getting better.

Good luck.