Also, thats what just about everyone hears from their doctors. I really wish that if they did not know something, they would just say "You know what, I really do not know, but I will find out for you, and if I still do not know, I will find someone who does." Maybe they should add that quote to the MCAT ...better yet, it should be a class in itself. How to deal with the fact that you just will not always know everything, and sometimes, just sometimes your patients could be right. Anyway, if you look at it from their point of view (the doctors) it is still pretty rare. Even if it is 1 in 6000, which some stats have made xli more common with the testing 1 in 2000 it is still rare. Just look at other birth stats.
It is very frustrating, educate yourself, and do what is best for you and your family. If you have to, switch doctors but more than likely, the next one you choose will have no clue either. It is funny that I had an email from a mom with four children, two girls and two boys. The boys both have XLI, and the girls obviously did not. She had much more difficulty with her boys than her girls. She had thought her body was failing her, as she really wanted a midwife delivery with limited medical intervention. Both deliveries with her girls, regardless of birth order were much easier as far as cervical dilation and second stage labor.
related or not,we do not know because....
no one did a study right?
The long and short, I guess take as many precationary measures as possible. Educate yourself and push for what you feel is in your families best interest.
Did your first son ever have a test done to see if he has xli????? I was thinking about that last night, I never knew my first born had it until he was tested at three years after my second son was born.