I wanted to post one minor peice of information I found out after my son was born XLI. The gene that your son is missing causes problems with labor. I was even induced and still did not dialate completely. They had to do an emergency c-section. I found this information at emedicine.com. It's not a lot of information, but it was a good read. Go there and search for Ichthyosis. You will find the passage. You may even want to print it out for your doctor.

On another note, my son has a very mild condition, he does need extra care but for the most part his disease has not handi-capped him from any normal activities. I have many stories and experiences. The only way your going to have specific questions is when it happens to you. So right now just concentrate on your delivery. And here are a few other notes for that time:

-Have aquaphor (you can buy over the counter at any pharmacy and most grocery stores) available to put on his skin.
-Be prepared for skin infections and I would recommend keeping him out of the nursery and in the room with you so he doesn't catch or pass a skin infection.
-What for any dehydration, or fluids seeping through his skin.

Good luck and if you have any other questions please let me know.