Topic Options
#9909 - 04/05/03 12:37 PM New at Moms Group
jparanoia Offline

Loc: Philippines
Hi! I'm new here in Moms Group.
I'm Janice, 22 years old and I have vulgaris. At present I'm using Oilatum Soap and Lacticare Lotion. None of these remove the dark scales. Recently, I had this chatmate who also have ichthyosis. I jst learned from him that there is a new lotion called AmLactin...(I'm from the Philippines)After knowing that, I immediately looked for it in the drug store, but so saddened, there is no available Amlactin in the drug store here in our country. He said that it is powerful than any other lotions.. Can someone suggest any good lotion as good as Amlactin? Hope I can try Amlactin but there is none here....Thanks to all!!! GodBless Everyone!

#9910 - 04/05/03 04:36 PM Re: New at Moms Group
Anonymous
Unregistered

Janice,
Amlactin and Lachydrin are the same lotion, they are both lactic acid based. Lachydrin is only available by prescription from a doctor in various strengths. Amlactin is available over the counter only at some stores here in the USA. One of them is Costco, I'm not sure if they have Costco in the Phillipines. Since Amlactin is available without a prescription maybe you can find it "online" and have it shipped to you. Try putting Amlactin in your search engine and see if a manufacturer comes up that will ship it to you. If that doesn't work out perhaps I could buy it for you and ship it to you myself so you can see how it works for you. Let me know how things work out.
Keith.

#9911 - 04/06/03 01:03 AM Re: New at Moms Group
Anonymous
Unregistered

Janice,
It's Mr. Keith, [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. I just twisted my ankle bad enough to need a splint and crutches, not broken though, so I will be doing nothing for a little while until I am able to walk again. Write me at keithx1@earthlink.net and give me an address where I can mail it to when I am able. I'll get on it when I am able.
Keith.

#9912 - 04/06/03 07:06 PM Re: New at Moms Group
Angel Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Lac-Hydrin is available here in Canada without a prescription. As long as I am allowed to ship it out to you (which I will look into), I will mail you out one. Please e-mail me with your address and I will get it out to you as soon as possible.

Angel

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information