Hi everyone,

I just found your board :-). I was hoping to find some other mothers with children who have (or potentially have) Dariers Disease. My husband has it as well as almost everyone in his family and I know that my babies have a 50/50 chance of getting it. I won't really know until they hit 6+ years, however my eldest daughter (age 3) already has an odd texture on her back and chest--enough to make people constantly comment on it if they see her without a shirt--and I wonder if this is a precursor of what's to come.

In any case, I want to be as prepared as possible to do what I can to help them be both physically comfortable and emotionally strong. I think it will help them so see all their relatives, who in spite of this hereditary disease have married, had children and are very successful careerwise (not to mention just extremely nice people). And as somebody married to a man with the disease--well it doesn't bother me any, I just feel bad for him when he gets itchy!

I'm actively taking notes on all the lotions, etc you've mentioned on this board.

Thanks!
Robin

------------------
The perception of beauty
is a moral test...