Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#9573 - 01/06/02 08:54 AM Re: Baby's Dry Scalp
stacey_s Offline

Loc: Launceston,Tasmania
Hi I have three boys with Ichthyosis valgaris and they get scales on there scalp I have always used Sebitar which is made by ego pharmacuticals i don't know about the availability of this product in other countrys but I think it has been excellent so far and the scales disappear altoghether if used on a daily basis hope this helps.

#9574 - 01/08/02 07:28 PM Re: Baby's Dry Scalp
Chandra Offline

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I've used Derma Smooth too and yes, it's great.

#9575 - 01/10/02 05:38 AM Re: Baby's Dry Scalp
PuRpleStaR Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I was wondering where does one buy peanut oil?

#9576 - 01/19/02 02:39 AM Re: Baby's Dry Scalp
Chandra Offline

You can find peanut oil at any grocery store that sells ingredients for chinese food. Typically if you go to a store that carries things in bulk, you should be able to find it there too (just not in the bulk section). You can also check with a health food store. Any nut oil will do, as will vegetable oil. Canola oil will also work too. I have never tried mineral oil so I don't know how well that would work.

#9577 - 03/09/02 02:41 PM Re: Baby's Dry Scalp
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you to everybody who gave me suggestions for my son's dry scalp. I originally posted this when he was 5 months old, he is now nearly 2 years old. What I found that helped his scalp most was the T-gel shampoo and the plastic flexible brush (actually a manicure brush). Believe it or not I found the culprit of his dry scalp -- Baby Shampoo like Johnson's and Johnson's. Why this is I don't know, but I found the Gerber brands of Shampoo worked and didn't dry out his scalp. My son's scalp is better, just occasional spots that clear up quickly. I welcome more suggestions, as they will benefit other moms who have the same problem as I. Thank you again.
Lisa

#9578 - 03/27/02 06:11 AM Re: Baby's Dry Scalp
PrayerKaren Offline

Loc: Hemet, CA, United States
Hi Lisa,

My name is Karen Carey and my mom, myself and my daughter all have EHK. As you know
the scalp thing can be a HUGE problem. Cindie had it so bad that it literally glued her hair to her scalp as a baby. Well, as a child growing up with this myself my Grandmother would clean my head twice a week and it always felt like she was scalping me. It was horrible and by the time she'd get done with me, i'd have a huge headache but it had to be done. Then when my own daughter would get bad, it was the same thing for her. Finally, a doctor told me about P&S Liquid and P&S Shampoo. Both of these are medicated and work wonderfully.

You simply apply it to the scalp at night and let it soak over night. It smells pretty bad, but the next morning you wash it with the shampoo and after about three nights of this the skin is practically able to be washed out of the scalp. It was soooo wonderful. Finally i didn't have to hurt my daughter to get her scalp cleaned out. Anyway, hope it can help you as well as it did us.

Sincerely,
Karen

#9579 - 03/28/02 01:18 AM Re: Baby's Dry Scalp
kristi3360 Offline

Just wondering where I could find the P&S Shampoo? Thanks, Kristi

#9580 - 04/07/02 12:07 AM Re: Baby's Dry Scalp
Chandra Offline

Ask for P&S shampoo at the pharmacy. Rite Aid can order it for you if they don't stock it. You don't need a prescription, but no one that I buy it from has ever stocked it out in the open.

#9581 - 10/07/02 12:18 AM Re: Baby's Dry Scalp
yangm316 Offline

Loc: sheboygan, WI, USA
i have found something called nioxin,you can find it at a salon. it is minty smelling and not harsh, that and a come it works great for our daughter

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information