Topic Options
#9560 - 12/12/00 11:11 AM Home made oatmeal baths??? Does anyone know how????
Carmen Bare Offline

Loc: Brsibane Australia
Hi! How is everyone doing? Winson is very itchy so his Doctor gave us some "DermaVeen" Bath Treatment to try. It is made with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal and it is working well. He is not as itchy but it is very expensive to buy. I was wondering maybe I could make my own and save some money. Can anyone help??????? If not can anyone tell me how they deal with their baby's itching???

------------------
CB

#9561 - 12/12/00 04:42 PM Re: Home made oatmeal baths??? Does anyone know how????
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi CB!
I used to do this with Aiesha. All you need to do is get an old pair of tights/pantyhose, cut off a piece, fill it with some oatmeal (about 3 or 4 tablespoons for good effect) and tie up the open end. Then, hang it under the tap when the bath is running. The water goes milky white and becomes really soft. The skin gets moisturised and the itching stops. Also, you can use the oatmeal "sponge" over the body to get some more of the goodness onto the skin.
Hope that helps.

best,

Sonia.

#9562 - 12/12/00 11:57 PM Re: Home made oatmeal baths??? Does anyone know how????
Dee Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hi Carmen, The way I have used oatmeal in the tub is to put the raw oatmeal in a blender and blend it up real fine. I was told that colloidal actually means very fine but I have never looked the word up. I think I like Sonia's idea better though. Sounds much neater. I think I may try that in Evan's next bath.

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information