Topic Options
#9550 - 11/01/00 02:19 AM Just wanted to share...
marcsmom_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wantagh, NY USA
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share a little story with you. My son, Marc has been attending the same nursery school for the past two years now and most of the children in his class this year are his classmates from last year. These kids are so cute and they don't question Marc's skin because they discussed it last year. Anyway, there is a new boy in his class this year and he asked the teacher the other day why Marc's skin looks the way it does(he has lamellar). The teacher asked my son if he wanted to tell his new friends about it. Marc said, "Sure. I have dry skin. It is called ichthyosis. The cream I put on makes my skin feel better." I thought his answer was great for a 3 1/2 year old! I got teary eyed when his teacher told me this story because I was so proud of my son for standing up in front of his peers at such a young age and telling them about his skin. Hopefully he will keep this up throughout his growing years.
Thanks for listening!
Denise

#9551 - 11/01/00 05:27 PM Re: Just wanted to share...
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
Denise--

That is so cool! I love hearing happy stories about ichthyosis.

L

#9552 - 11/02/00 11:47 PM Re: Just wanted to share...
5297 Offline

Loc: janesville Wi USA
You sure have a great little boy. my daughter is only 14 months old but i hope and pray when she starts school she will be just like your little guy. You must be so proud of him?

take care
MELISSA

------------------

#9553 - 11/05/00 07:50 AM Re: Just wanted to share...
paula Offline

Loc: bellevue,ne 68005
Denise
That is so Awesome. that goes to show that you have taught him well. good job. I hope and Pray that when My son Michael gets older he will do that too. Paula

[Note: This message has been edited by marcsmom]

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information