Topic Options
#8540 - 10/06/07 02:12 AM Rooms for Conference
jenngist Offline

Loc: Northern MN
FYI- I just booked my rooms for the conference and they told me that there are only about 9 more standard rooms available for that weekend so if you haven't gotten yours yet, you had better soon! =)

On the same note, can anyone that has been to the conference before tell me about how much everything costs?? I am going to need child care for two. Plus the "seminars" costs money too, right??

Thanks for the help guys and good luck on reserving a room!!

Jenn

#8541 - 10/07/07 03:14 AM Re: Rooms for Conference
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Hello Jenn
How are you doing? After reading your post, this afternoon I called the Marriott Ohare (1-773-693-4444) and was told by Jennifer in the reservations department there were plenty of rooms in our block.I havent read about the specifics of the conference registration or itinerary, but I am sure it will be in the www.scalyskin.org website. Im looking forward to attending early and leaving late, so am in the early stages of planning to see the sites. I would like to go to Harry Careys Restaurant,Wrigley Field, House of Blues,Shoeless Joes Restaurant, and possibly the Chicago Board of Trade. Please post any other places to see in Chicago?
Sincerely,
Les

[This message has been edited by Les Avakian (edited October 06, 2007).]

#8542 - 10/07/07 03:03 PM Re: Rooms for Conference
Angel24755 Offline

Loc: PA
My husband and I lived just outside of Chicago for about a year in the late 90's. The Shedd Aquarium is fabulous and a must see!!! Chicago has a really nice Hard Rock compared to others I've been in. The Raiforest Cafe is great...probably a huge hit with the kids and even really neat for the adults. Navy Pier is very nice and has a great deal to offer. I think you will find a lot to do just walking around Chicago...it's a great place to roam around and we always found something interesting.
Lisa

#8543 - 10/12/07 05:22 PM Re: Rooms for Conference
jenngist Offline

Loc: Northern MN
I wonder what the heck they were tellnig me then, only 9 rooms left....maybe i didn't get put in that same block?? Either way Im glad they aren't running out this soon!!

Jenn

#8544 - 10/13/07 02:14 PM Re: Rooms for Conference
ChicagoLaura Offline

Loc: Chicago
Since I am from Chicago, I thought I would mention some things I think are worth seeing. As Lisa mentioned, The Shedd Aquarium is great. Spend the extra on the Oceanarium, it is worth it. Navy Pier is nice too, and has a Children's Museum. Millenium Park is really nice and is free. There is a cool fountain with faces that spit water and statue that reflects the city. The Museum of Science and Industry is a really nice museum. It has a model train exhibit of the city that is pretty neat. If you do not want to venture downtown, Brookfield Zoo is also wonderful. It is a huge zoo with some really neat exhibits. There is not a lot inside, though, so if heat is an issue, this might not be a good option for you. I could probably mention 10 more places easily, but this post is getting long. If anyone has questions about specific types of places (restaurants, theaters, places for kids, etc.), I would be happy to answer any questions.
Laura

#8545 - 10/15/07 07:15 PM Re: Rooms for Conference
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
I just made my reservation online using the group code fisfisa - don't ask me how they came up with that.
Usually hotels "flex" the number of rooms and room types within a block as they get picked up which may explain why the reservationist said only 9 were left. That or she was at central reservations and didn't have the whole story in front of her.
I may change my plans to stay just down the street if I can swing an associate rate at one of my own properties. Yet again, the almighty dollar ends up making the decision.
I know it is more than 8 months away but I am really excited!

------------------
Sarah
35 with EHK

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information