Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7403 - 03/30/07 04:15 AM my skin come better
kiky Offline

Loc: hangzhou,zhejiang,China
spring is gone.summer is coming.my skin is better gradually.

#7404 - 03/30/07 04:29 AM Re: my skin come better
kiky Offline

my compatriots with ichthyosis generally use glycerin to tend our skin.there are two webs about ichthyosis in china. http://www.ylbhome.com/ http://www.cnyuer.com/

[This message has been edited by kiky (edited March 30, 2007).]

#7405 - 03/31/07 01:26 AM Re: my skin come better
Promiseland_dup1 Offline

Why don't you tell us in English how people with ich are doing in China and what the websites do? Do people with ich in China realize there are different types of ich?

Since ich is so prevalent in China, there must be a lot of traditional medicine and methods in dealing with this problem. Can you share those with us?

What kinds of government help or organizations are established for people with ich in China. Les A had notified us that F.I.R.S.T. now has Chinese contact. Can you tell us how things are going?

#7406 - 03/31/07 06:25 AM Re: my skin come better
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Hello Kiky and Promiseland
Welcome to our ichthyosis bulletin board Kiky and happy you found us. Promiseland is correct, we have made contact with many ichthyosis people in China who share the same characteristics we do with dealing with our skin problems.Ive been offline the past two weeks due to a bathroom remodeling project, and hopefully will be back online on my own computer by next week.My Chinese friends tell me glycerin works well for them, and they use some of the alpha hydroxy acids. I am not sure if they have it made at the pharmacy or ordering it online.I am hoping to see more of your posts Kiky and please tell us what you are using on your skin to exfoliate scales and moisturize. Take care and by for now.
Sincerely,
Les

#7407 - 03/31/07 01:32 PM Re: my skin come better
kiky Offline

Unfortunately tell you,at present,there aren't any effective methods of treatments even additional In china.Although many hospitals declare they can treat the disease.Above two websites providing is only to disscuss how to take care.In the website of "ylbhome" there are almost 7 thousand members.The website is established by a person with ich in 2003.In the website of "cnyuer"is established in 2006.We are trying to bring the govenment's attention.We are happy to exchange ideas and experience with yours.

#7408 - 03/31/07 01:54 PM Re: my skin come better
kiky Offline

I remember when I'm reading in the middle school,I heard from newpaper that ich incidence rate is 0.3 percent .I doubt whether the rate is same in defferent country.I think it's probably the same,isn't it?

#7409 - 03/31/07 02:18 PM Re: my skin come better
Les Avakian Offline

Hello Kiky
Thank you for the information.I am very impressed with your group of 7,000 members in the www.ylbhome.com site. A few weeks ago your Chinese ichthyosis group met with the government officials in Beijing and had very informative talks about more support for your cause. I am hoping they will give the resources you need to put together a foundation with programs to help your group.Its wonderful to see the interaction of our two groups in exchanging information to help everyone. Take care Kiky and by for now.
Sincerely,
Les

#7410 - 04/01/07 05:52 AM Re: my skin come better
Promiseland_dup1 Offline

I am no statistician, and I do not know how people have come up with the sampling extrapolation.

0.3 percent does not sound right to me for it would be a generalization where there should be no place for generalization. We know Vulgaris, by its very name, is a lot more common than the rarer and more severe cases of ich within a given population. Does this 0.3 percent include every kind of ich?

Also, it is my observation, among people of Chinese extraction outside of China (ancestors would have come mostly from southern coastal provinces) and intuition that Vulgaris would be more prevalent in some parts of the world than in others. And that it would be more prevalent in subtropical and tropical climates than in colder climates.

#7411 - 04/02/07 03:07 AM Re: my skin come better
kiky Offline

Hello Les and Promiseland
Just like what you say about the meeting of my group and the government officials in the period of National peopleí»s Congress,I believe this action will promote ichthyosis research development.Your message is so exact.
In China,some people like to use the mixture of glycerin and other substance to protect their skin with ich.It seems smoother after besmearing it.This is mixed by glycerin and water,vitaminA/B,someone also adds a little vinegar.It is used after taking a bath. This isní»t a formula opened by any doctor.Ití»s only a experience from some persons.You should be conservative to act.
Once I heard Amlactin 12% is best for tending skin with ich.Ití»s diffucult to find it in my country.I wonder if ití»s true. What is the best drug for your compatriots with ich? Could you tell me?

#7412 - 04/02/07 01:21 PM Re: my skin come better
Les Avakian Offline

Hello Kiky
There are so many different creams our ichthyosis friends use to exfoliate scales and moisturize their skin. Some people post about the moisturizers such as eucerin and aquaphor that work well.Others like urea acid, glycollic acid, salicyllic, lactic acids, and retinoic acids.Some are using the retinoid drugs such as soriatane/neotigason and accutane.With 28 different types of ichthyosis, it is hard to have one cream or drug fit all the needs of everyone.Kiky look over the past posts in all the sections to see what others use.Personally I have used Lachydrin lactic acid by prescription for many years, but am now trying Amlactin XL, Triceram, and Dermal Therapy Alpha Hydroxy for a change.Take care Kiky and good luck to you.
Sincerely,
Les

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information