Topic Options
#7261 - 05/05/08 09:16 PM been a while
cara&babyt Offline

Loc: Fort Walton Beach, FL,USA
Hey guys, its been a month or two since I have posted, just wanted to update, I am very happy to say I went to the ultrasound today and I an 9 weeks and 5 days, everything is going well. I saw and heard the little heart beat. I asked the doctor if I could travel to the conference and he said not a good idea. So unfortunatley we will not atend this year, I was planning the trip and looking forward to it, but I am ok with it, since it is for the good of the baby. I got asked a million questions at the doctor and will most likley be transfered to high risk Jackson Memorial, not only because a chance of Ich, but Teofilo was born at 31 weeks and they are not sure if I had a week cervix or what. So I am trying to be calm, but I am very nervous, and hope I get the right doctors and everything goes smooth. And I am very happy to say, baby Allen and Melissa got there passport, and should have visa soon, if all goes well they may possibly come in early june for about ten days. I will keep you all posted and I might need some advice from those of you with the classic LI presentation, since he seems to have this kind, and my son has CIE, I want to know all I can, so I can help her out as much as possible. If any one lives close us with LI and would like to come down to visit while she is here, I would love to have you. I am trying to set up as many appointments as I can as soon as I get the exact dates. Well thanks to you all, and I hope everone is doing well.

#7262 - 05/05/08 11:00 PM Re: been a while
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
Wait. What? You can't come to the conference at 18 weeks along? That doesn't make any sense at all. I get high risk pregnancies and a chance of delivering early (BTDT), but at 18 weeks? That's crazy.

I'm glad baby Allen will be coming into the country. It would be really great if they can get to the conference too. They would learn so much.

Jennifer
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#7263 - 05/07/08 07:20 PM Re: been a while
cara&babyt Offline

Loc: Fort Walton Beach, FL,USA
Well that was the regular OB, so when I go see the high risk people, i'll get a different opinion. I thought it a little strange too, because my first preg I travled to texas when I was 4 months??? So maybe that was just his opinion...hum.... Cool maybe we can come afterwords.
I really wanted baby allen and Melissa to go to the conference, but since I am not footing the bill I really cant help that much...Looks like the Daddy may come to and my amasing sister and her husband are paying for every single penny, and a whole extra flight to chicago plus food and hotel is just out of there reach to pay for and out of ours.. our Salary was cut in half when we moved to Miami, and we are barley making it and some months have to put groceries on the credit card. Gas is 4.08 here. And unfortunetly I have been asking around but it looks like they might have to pay for his eye and ear visits out of pocket. I know it would be so much better for them to go to the conference. But we are kinda stuck.

Thanks Jennifer, hope your little ones are doing good.

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information