Topic Options
#5574 - 09/01/06 05:14 PM BLOW DRYER
Anonymous
Unregistered

Silly question, but does anyone use blow dryers on there lil ones? With the winter coming, I cant leave Nessas hair wet but Im affraid it will dry her scalp out even more.I still havent mastered a way to keep the flkaes out so I certainly dont want to create more.

#5575 - 10/15/06 11:44 PM Re: BLOW DRYER
Anonymous
Unregistered

still wondering if anyone thinks using a blow dryer can dry out the scalp!!!

#5576 - 10/16/06 12:53 AM Re: BLOW DRYER
jrmiss86 Offline

Loc: Marlton, NJ, USA
have you tried a ionic blowdryer, I am told they do not dry the scalp out as much and are better for your hair
Liz (3/16/07)

#5577 - 10/16/06 12:55 AM Re: BLOW DRYER
jds Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Honestly, I am not sure, but I would think that if you applied some sort of oil/moisturizer and then used the blow drier, it should be okay. I would maybe even try adding a leave in moisturizing mist afterwards (the paul mitchell one I suggested in another post is good for hair and skin as well). I guess I would say try it a few times and see if you notice a huge difference.

Oh, I would also try a diffuser. I have really course dry curly hair and cannot blow dry often, but when I do the diffuser is a huge help.

[This message has been edited by jds (edited October 15, 2006).]
lamellar ichthyosis

#5578 - 10/16/06 01:23 AM Re: BLOW DRYER
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
I don't know how practical this would be on a younger kid, but I use a wet-to-dry straightener, that dries my hair straight, but doesn't make my scalp dry. I have to avoid blowdrying my hair because my hair just gets all frizzy and uncontrollable. Buuuut...straighteners get really hot. So maybe not the best idea lol

#5579 - 10/16/06 01:35 AM Re: BLOW DRYER
dbyte Offline

Loc: holbrook, ny usa
i put lotion on my scalp before going to bed. i wash my hair, and use a blow dryer every day, i don't see that using a blow dryer makes my scalp any drier.

#5580 - 10/16/06 02:03 AM Re: BLOW DRYER
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys, I will give it a try. Dbyte, I see you are from Holbrook, NY. WE live like 10 mins away. YOu are the only other person I have seen from around here. Well, thanks again and have a good nite

#5581 - 10/16/06 03:11 AM Re: BLOW DRYER
wva Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI, USA
It's a question of the greater of two evils, so to speak. Using the blow dryer does dry the scalp out much more than letting it dry on its own. But, going out in the cold with wet hair and scalp can do quite a bad number on the scalp, too. The best thing is maybe trying to do the bath either the night before if you are taking her out the next morning early or maybe doing the shower early in the morning if she does not need to be taken anywhere for a couple hours after the bath. I sometimes end up using the blow dryer on my LI and it leaves my scalp itchy and dried out. I actually think going out in the cold with the wet scalp for me is worse than blow drying. Maybe the ionic blowdryer or the straightener that the others suggested could help. Good luck and God bless!

#5582 - 10/16/06 12:24 PM Re: BLOW DRYER
dbyte Offline

Loc: holbrook, ny usa
10 mins huh jamie? accept for my brother and sister, i don't know anyone on long island who has ich. isee someone is from wantaugh, but i have never spoken to her. it is your daughter who has ich? what type?

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information