Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5346 - 08/02/06 04:13 AM DAMOR
shandra Offline
Dakota's mom Lamellar

Loc: Cape Coral, FL
Has anyone ever heard of or used DAMOR? A friend of ours who is a pharmacist, told us abou this product for Dakota. They use it for Burns and cracks in skin, etc. The only pharmacy that carries it by us K-Mart. There is two different forms. The one is really for burns and cracks and the other is a Tissue Moisturizer. When I went to the pharmacy to get it the pharmacist asked what I was going to use it for on the baby I explained the disease and need to keep him moisturized and he said to get the Tissue Moisturizer. (which is the cheapest of the two also)lol
I tried it on him before he went to bed and when he got up in the morning he was NOT dry at all. His skin was so soft, not dry or crusty etc. We are going to keep using it to see if there is any difference. And after his bath this morning we did not need to lotion him at all today for the whole day. [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Here are the ingredients: Water 50%, Glycerin 23%, Glyceril Stearate SE 16%, Octyldodecanol 6%, Wheat Extract 5%, Preserved with Methylparaben and Propylparaben (he said the wheat is what is so good) I am not sure if I should be worried about any of the other ingredients, hopefully somone on here might know if they are ok. The box says " DAMOR Tissue Moisturuzer contains a soothing wheat extract that helps maintain favorable conditions for moisturizing skin.

Sorry to ramble so far I am impressed with it. Hopefully someone else has tried it before

Shandra

#5347 - 08/02/06 06:44 PM Re: DAMOR
CoolCattyMatty Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
Is it a prescription or over the counter?

#5348 - 08/03/06 03:24 AM Re: DAMOR
shandra Offline
Dakota's mom Lamellar

Its over the counter. If the pharmacy does not have it in stock they will special order it. Again today did not need to re lotion him during the day.

#5349 - 08/03/06 05:33 AM Re: DAMOR
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
I asked our derm. if we could try it on Jules, and she said not to, b/c of the wheat in it (NS is more suseptible to allergies). So that sucks lol

She suggested something called Hydrolatum, which is non-greasy and has something or other in it that's good for skin. Just ordered it online today, so I guess we'll see!

#5350 - 08/03/06 05:14 PM Re: DAMOR
shandra Offline
Dakota's mom Lamellar

Courtney let us know how this other stuff works. I have not heard of it.

Lisa,

Yes we use it all over him except his face. It is not thick at all like aquaphor. (which I try to use that much anymore) It really does not do anything,and I don't like the fact that it does not let the skin breath. THis is like a creme kinda a mix between a creme and lotion. It absorbs right into the skin and is NOT greasy.
I am just amazed how good it is. It is really going to save a lot of money on lotions, by not having to constantly be putting them on. I put this on him in at night before he goes ot bed and he is good when he wakes up I am not rushing to get him in the bath as before and then after his bath I put it on again and he is all good for the day. I looked up the ingredients and they are all good. In basic words they are to keep moisture in. If you do try it just make sure you buy the Tissue Moisturizer one. Also if you are not able to find a pharmacy by you that can get it, let me know and I will pick it up for you and send it to you.

Shandra

#5351 - 08/08/06 09:28 PM Re: DAMOR
CoolCattyMatty Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
Can you tell me the company that makes this? I am having a very hard time locating any here.

#5352 - 08/17/06 05:27 PM Re: DAMOR
shandra Offline
Dakota's mom Lamellar

Hi CoolCatty

Sorry but we have been out of the country. I know it is an Italian company. When I get home tonight I will look at post then. I am at the office right now.

Lisa wow I did not know that Paraben causes cancer. When we see Dr.Paller at his next appt I am going to check with her to see if this is safe or not. Go figure you find something that works great and then there is a down fall you find out about.

#5353 - 08/18/06 05:06 AM Re: DAMOR
shandra Offline
Dakota's mom Lamellar

Lisa that is sooo true. LOL

It is manufactured by Farmaceutici Damor S.P.A. Naples Italy 80145

Distributed by
Damor America
Melrose Park, IL 60160 (Melrose Park is about 1 hr away from me)

You can only get it by having a Pharmacy order it for you and by me the only pharmacy that have reps to get it is K-Mart. If you are still having a hard time finding it Cool Catty, just let me know and I can always order you one and send it to you.

#5354 - 09/11/06 09:24 PM Re: DAMOR
anna Offline

Loc: antigua&barbuda
I couldn't find it !!! anyone can buy a cream and a tissue box for me?

#5355 - 09/12/06 12:58 PM Re: DAMOR
libby Offline

Loc: USA
HI SHANDRA,

WHAT TYPE IF ICH DOES YOU SON HAVE? ARE YOU STILL SEEING GOOD RESULTS FROM THIS CREAM?

LIB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information