Topic Options
#346 - 03/14/01 05:25 PM top urgent ! loking for a schoolarship
MOHAMED TAWFIK GONAME Offline

Loc: benghazi ,libya
hi there
this might be strange , but is there a foundation that gives schoolarships to people like us (with ichthyosis)
please deal this matter as top urgent

#347 - 03/18/01 06:44 AM Re: top urgent ! loking for a schoolarship
Glori Offline

Loc: Elk Rapids, Michigan
I don't think I can help you if you are not a US citizen. There are a lot of financial resources available in the US for people with Ichthyosis since it is termed a disability here.
There are a lot of resources on the web for finding specific types of scholarships and I would suggest starting there. I wouldn't bother to pay for any of the fee-based services since there are so many places that give that information for free.
I don't know about where you live, but here, the local library has several books, that you can also purchase from any online bookstore, that lists scholarships available and has them catagorized for things like having a certain disability, or being male and majoring in something or other.
You might even want to contact your local school or University and ask them what reference material they have on scholarships.

I hope that gets you started.

#348 - 03/18/01 04:00 PM Re: top urgent ! loking for a schoolarship
MOHAMED TAWFIK GONAME Offline

Loc: benghazi ,libya
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY ,
BUT YOU MUST KNOW THAT I LIVE IN LIBYA AND IT ISN'T EASY TO GET THIS KIND OF INFO ..
THEY DONT EVEN KNOW ICHTHYOSIS!
SO I REALYYYY NEED HELP !
IT MIGHT BE HELPFULL TO KNOW THAT I WANT I WANT TO STUDY CIVIL AVIATION.
TKS

#349 - 03/20/01 11:53 PM Re: top urgent ! loking for a schoolarship
Chandra Offline

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Mohamed, I too used scholarships to pay my way through school. While I also am unaware of scholoarships for people with ichthyosis, you already have the best tool at your fingertips for finding a scholarship- the internet. Will you be going to school in Libya? I would assume some things are the same throughout the world, but contact the school you wish to attend and ask them if they have any resources you can use to find a scholarship to attend school. Also spend as much time as you can looking for information on the internet.

#350 - 03/21/01 02:45 AM Re: top urgent ! loking for a schoolarship
Lynn Offline

Loc: NY
I tried every scholarship out there for my daughter last year. She had heart defects when she was born and a couple of other birth defects that were all corrected. She must have applied for 50 scholarships and she did not receive any.
I good source to find them is www.fastweb.com

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information