Topic Options
#337 - 03/11/01 02:34 PM medicine
laurel Offline

Loc: turkiye
hello
'm new user of this site. have a question about medicine that's used for ichtyosis and t's really sollution of this illness.t's called neotigason.when used it,my skin turns to normal skin and no need to use any cream or product related to this.my doctor here give it to me but there is some side effects like malformation risk if you're getting pregnant.
if u know something good or bad about this medicene please let me know.
thank u all

#338 - 03/14/01 01:49 PM Re: medicine
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
Hi Laurel,

Glad you found us!

Neotigason is a type of retinoid. Many people with ichthyosis have used (or are currently using) retinoids. There's a separate forum called "Retinoids" on this bulletin board that has discussions just on the various types of retinoids. There's quite a bit of information there, so you might want to check those posts.

Regards,
Laura

#339 - 03/15/01 09:41 PM Re: medicine
Rosalie Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Eu...
Hello Laurel,

I use neotigason to, but on this board I call it 'Soriatane' because that's the 'American' name.
Rosalie

#340 - 03/15/01 10:59 PM Re: medicine
5297 Offline

Loc: janesville Wi USA
Hello Laurel,
My name is Melissa i am 25 and have EHK it is very thick all over and really bad in the joints but now i am on soriatane and it works wonders i feel like a normal person i sill use aquaphor at times but not always it seems so strange to go 25 years with thick ugly skin then going to looking about 90% normal i love it and have had no side effects but have only been on it 3 1/2 month so far! my e-mail is missyr@ticon.net

------------------

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information