Topic Options
#23013 - 10/25/08 07:29 PM "The Doctors" TV show
wbreen Offline

Loc: Dorr, MI, USA
Hi everyone,
I was just curious if anyone has sent in a letter yet to that new TV show "The Doctors"? From what I've seen of the show so far, it goes over a lot of health topics! It looks like a show that one of us might actually get the word out about ichthyosis.

Wendy

#25125 - 09/15/09 06:09 PM Re: "The Doctors" TV show [Re: wbreen]
arlis Offline

Loc: saginaw, mi
Please do a show on itchthyosis, my grandson has Netherton Syndrome arlis hutter

#25144 - 09/17/09 02:04 PM Re: "The Doctors" TV show [Re: arlis]
MamaH2 Offline

Loc: Virginia
I haven't done it yet, but that seems like a good idea. I like their show and they seem to put a fair spin on everything.

#25314 - 10/28/09 05:34 PM Re: "The Doctors" TV show [Re: MamaH2]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have actually written to them numerous times asking if they could do a show or even a brief segment on the show about Ichthyosis and still have never received a reply back.

#25322 - 10/31/09 01:05 AM Re: "The Doctors" TV show [Re: Anonymous]
LGuaragna Offline

Loc: Walnut Creek, CA
Maybe if they got more than one request we might be able to get them to do a show or segment on it. i would be willing to send in a request.

#25326 - 10/31/09 03:22 AM Re: "The Doctors" TV show [Re: LGuaragna]
brandynsmum Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Perhaps we could ask FIRST to approach them? They may have more luck since it's an organization.. Just a thought smile

#25331 - 11/01/09 01:22 PM Re: "The Doctors" TV show [Re: brandynsmum]
Keith Offline

Loc: Southern California
It would be great if you could get them to do a show on Ichthyosis. I suspect the reason no one has heard back from them is because Ichthyosis is so rare, there is no cure so they really couldn't do much on their show except talk about it and finally beacuse it is so rare and untreatable there really wouldn't be much of a ratings boost in it for them.

#25334 - 11/02/09 08:08 AM Re: "The Doctors" TV show [Re: Keith]
Glori Offline

Loc: Elk Rapids, Michigan
I rather agree with Keith...several years ago I was contacted, through this board, by the Dr. Joy Brown show and was flown to New York and did a segment on Ichthyosis. They ended up editing out the whole thing because it just wasn't interesting to other people.

#25415 - 11/11/09 01:40 PM Re: "The Doctors" TV show [Re: Glori]
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi, i am new to this site. My name is Jennifer and my son has lamellar ichthyosis. just wanted to reply to these messages, i also tried to write to the dr.'s show and we got nothing!!!! the newest health show i would really try though is the dr. oz show he seems like such a nice guy.It would be great to cause attention to ichthyosis, people would be aware more of this rare condition! so maybe instead of (oh my was he burnt)it could be oh i think i saw a show on that once.

by the way i love this site and i already love you all.
we are a small community lets stick together

#30584 - 09/26/18 06:52 AM Re: "The Doctors" TV show [Re: wbreen]
Grobe02 Offline

Well, not his one but I tried to send a letter to Netflix for adding more shows by Andy Yeatman over there but I got to know that he stopped working with Netflix and so it was difficult to get the same kidsí content back to the channel. My kids are missing his content a lot.

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information