Topic Options
#28511 - 07/06/12 04:34 PM Natural way
ams Offline

Hi everybody..

I have IV and i have posted two years back about using milk cream as a natural remedy for ichthyosis...yes milk cream is effective if you have time and patience..But recently i found an another natural way of controlling Ichtyosis. Last winter i have been affected by skin rashes and itches and the doctor told it is eczema..people who have dry skin is more likely to get eczema.The doctor prescribed some steroid cream as a temporary option and suggested a humidifier and to apply any kind of oil 10 mints before taking bath.I tried different oils and came through Mustard oil.This made wonders to the eczema at the same time i completely left using amlactin ..my skin looks great with the regular moisturizing cream.I never got the eczema after that and i am free from the dry skin 90 percent. I apply the mustard oil 10 minuts before bath. I buy it from Indian Grocery stores. I dont know the other places where it is available. Friends it smells a little bit different than other oils..so u may find it hard to apply at the begining and also when u apply it in the face a little bit burning sensation may occur especially around the eyes but that is natural and it is very safe to use on the face. But as a safer side first try in a small part of your body. I dont use any soaps other than on my face.I use luke warm water to take bath so by that way the excess oil is removed.I assure even without soaps u dont get any oil smell on your body.
Friends let me know if anybody gets any improvements. I am happy to help you if you have any questions regarding this.

#28521 - 07/09/12 06:39 AM Re: Natural way [Re: ams]
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
I'm glad that you found something that works for you. I know a lot of people affected in the UK use a product called Oilatum in their baths. I wonder if it's a similar thing.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#30463 - 01/01/17 01:48 PM Re: Natural way [Re: Hearsay]
deepak Offline

Oilatum and mustard oil are different , Oilatum contains paraffin an petrolum by product.

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information