As simple as I can get it, Yes! I'm so excited to!
1. All of 2015 - Cleaned up my diet to "real" foods.
2. March, 2015 - Began taking cod liver oil. (see my post under "alternative therapaies" http://forum.ichthyosis.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=30266#Post30266
3. September, 2015 - Began supplementing with iodine. Amounts are controversial, but it's pretty much accepted that all Americans are deficient. (http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/free-iodine-webinar/
) I also found Tmax's testimony, a member on this forum. (http://forum.ichthyosis.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=24644
) I began with just 6.5 mg/day and worked my way up to about 20 but this caused a little bit of discomfort in my liver area. Reading taught me that iodine is a detoxifier.. (http://drsircus.com/medicine/iodine/iodine-and-detoxification
) It is the liver's job to help filter those toxins out of our body. I found Robert's testimony in an archive posting on the internet. (http://onibasu.com/archives/am/14460.html
) I began to wonder if we really could heal from ichthyosis. That led me to my next step.
4. October, 2015 - Supplementing with chlorella and cilantro oil, hoping to maybe detoxify any toxic metals from my body. Weird eyelid twitching came along with that every time I took the supplements.
5. December, 2015 Thought maybe I should work on cleaning up my liver as well. But reading taught me that before I cleaned my liver, I should first clean my colon. That led me to my psyllium and bentonite clay shakes. (http://www.drjomd.com/highways/detox/simple-colon-cleanse/
) This caused some major muscle twitching, but the areas where my muscles were twitching are the areas that are clearing up.
After two weeks of gulping these shakes twice a day, I began to notice that the upper part of my back felt very soft. Since then, the insides of my arms, backs of my legs and upper part of my chest have begun to clear. Just this past week the clear skin has been spreading to my right shoulder. I keep waiting for this to reverse, but it only keeps spreading! I am so excited! (Rules say I cannot use multiple exclamation points, but if I could I would! =D) I learned that bentonite clay is a major detoxifier (http://draxe.com/bentonite-clay/
), so I am sure it is pulling something out of my body that I've had since birth and does not belong there. Maybe received some of my mom's toxins, which would explain why our condition is passed down among families. Maybe it's not genetic after all. Maybe we're just passing on our toxins and toxic lifestyle.
6. Since the shakes, I can take the chlorella with no weird eyelid twitching and I have been able to gradually increase my iodine to about 50mg per day with no side effects. I still intend to do a liver cleanse, but cannot yet post on my experience with that. Here is an interesting page I found that talks about some specific symptoms of an unhealthy liver. http://www.ener-chi.com/how-can-i-tell-i-have-gallstones-in-my-liver/.
I was surprised at how many apply to me. For anyone who tries to heal their body naturally, be aware that you may experience weird or uncomfortable symptoms before you see positive results. This is called a healing crisis. It is natural and temporary and should not discourage you, but you may want to slow down to reduce symptoms. (http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/what-is-a-healing-crisis/
This is my path but please do your own research and find the path that you need to take to heal. Read these links and then read some more. I am not prescribing any protocol. I am just letting you know what has worked for me. Put the nutrients in and get the toxins out. And here is yet another link that may be helpful to someone just getting started. http://www.drjomd.com/highways/
Hope this is helpful!