Topic Options
#29017 - 10/04/13 06:25 AM Where could I find a good lotion in UK
feras Offline

Loc: Nottingham, UK
Hello everyone,

I have a kind of Ichthyosis, I don't know what kind it is exactly, and I have just come to live in Nottingham UK currently. I used to use lotion with 12% lactic acid and that does not conceal it 100% but could do 50%. However, it is OK for me.

My Problem is that lotion I have almost finish and I cannot find equivalent alternative to it in surrounded pharmacies. Meanwhile, if I order it online, it would be very expensive for me, around 50 for 500g that means using for around 10 days only.

So guys, do you have any alternative option could be use?

feras

#29018 - 10/05/13 04:13 AM Re: Where could I find a good lotion in UK [Re: feras]
DJ.... Offline

Dermal therapy do a very good lotion and is available by mail order.
It is 16 for 440ml. one bottle lasts me about 3 months.

http://www.advancedcareproducts.co.uk/

#29019 - 10/05/13 01:27 PM Re: Where could I find a good lotion in UK [Re: feras]
feras Offline

Hi DJ, and thank you for your replay.

440ml. one bottle for about 3 months!. For me, I apply the lotion daily and for almost all my body, so that my consuming is so high.

This is name of the lotion "Alpha hydroxy Lotion", isn't it?

I'll order it and try

#29020 - 10/06/13 06:01 AM Re: Where could I find a good lotion in UK [Re: feras]
DJ.... Offline

Hi Feras

Yes it's the alpha hydroxyl lotion. Looks like it gone up to 16.50 a bottle + delivery. I have been buying 2-4 bottles at a time to keep the postage down.

I too use it daily all over my body from the neck down and one bottle lasts 10-12 weeks. For me it works great. I have ichthyosis vulgaris all over. I use another type of moisturiser from the neck up. I think it's personal preference whether to use it on the face, for me I prefer not to.

For mild IV I have heard of some people diluting this lotion with water to make it last longer.

Good luck with it...

#29021 - 10/06/13 05:24 PM Re: Where could I find a good lotion in UK [Re: feras]
feras Offline

Many thanks DJ for this info. I will try it and I hope that I will get good result as you.

When I will start it I will update you with the results

Cheers

#30273 - 03/04/16 06:59 PM Re: Where could I find a good lotion in UK [Re: feras]
XLI Mom Offline

I see this is quite an old post but wanted to mention a lotion from the UK that has been life-changing for my 21 year old son. He has had severe X Linked Ichthyosis all over since he was a baby.

The lotion is called SR Lotion. It is quite pricey but it has given my son normal skin. He is a different person. I wish we had found it way sooner. I get it shipped from the UK to Canada from the manufacturer.

Initially it was quite expensive - until his skin had transformed, but it's less to maintain the improvement. Much of the time, he only needs the SR lotion in the areas where his skin was the worst, doesn't need it as often, especially in the summer. He is able to maintain much of his skin with Dermal Therapy and just saves the SR Lotion for the worst spots.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful for someone. He was pretty desperate when we found it - it's given him a new lease on life. It's hard to put a price on that.

#30278 - 05/07/16 09:32 AM Re: Where could I find a good lotion in UK [Re: feras]
stkacljm Offline

Loc: Wisconsin Rapids, Wi, USA
I recently read reviews about that lotion on amazon. If you want to save the money and are willing to step out of the box a bit, consider making your own. The active ingredients are lactic acid and hydroxyacetic acid (which is another name for glycolic acid) and they are in a base of shea butter and jojoba oil...all of which are available online. Do a little research. I've been making my own lotions for a few years. It is not difficult and you can get the same results at a fraction of price. Hope this is helpful! God bless!

#30459 - 09/05/16 07:54 AM Re: Where could I find a good lotion in UK [Re: feras]
Derydeartact Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
thanks stkacljm. i've been thinking... what's the problem if you cannot find it? what's the big deal? you're just ordering them pretty much as you order the active ingredients and that's it and no problems. but then you've said "a fraction of price" and yeah... i've understood why it is better to do it yourself laugh

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information