Topic Options
#28783 - 02/01/13 04:50 AM Los Angeles pediatric dermatologist?
Ekim1218 Offline

Hi I'm new here to the forum. We have a beautiful 2 year old daughter who was born with EHK. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good pediatric dermatologist in the LA area with experience in dealing with patients with ichthyosis? Most recently my daughter has had a bad case of blisters breaking out randomly over her body. This has never happened before so we aren't sure if she has some kind of bacterial infection that's causing it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

#28792 - 02/03/13 08:06 PM Re: Los Angeles pediatric dermatologist? [Re: Ekim1218]
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
Your best bet is to contact FIRST and ask them who they have in their database in that area. I can put you in contact with someone in LA that has a 9 month old or so with EHK. I'm sure she has found a knowledgeable dermatologist for her son. Here's her blog:

http://jradandjess.blogspot.com/
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#28794 - 02/04/13 09:46 AM Re: Los Angeles pediatric dermatologist? [Re: Ekim1218]
jradandjess Offline

Loc: El Monte, CA
Hi! I just saw that you checked out my blog, thanks for referring to me Jennifer! smile
Wyatt is currently seeing the only pediatric derm in the ENTIRE LA area. Not sure why there isn't more... Her name is Dr. Takahashi. FIRST recommended her to me, but Wyatt was actually already in her care through the NICU at Children's hospital. I can give you her info if you'd like. Just shoot me an email at jradandjess@gmail.com if you're interested! smile

~ Jessica

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information