Topic Options
#28775 - 01/27/13 11:28 PM Hey! I'm new.
CodyV Offline

Sup guys? I'm drinking some single malt, browsing around the site because I was born with this super cool condition called Ichthyosis. Looking around for eye care stuff when I saw there was a forum.

Never gave much thought into joining a forum site or support group for my skin condition, kinda just dealt with it in my own way.

The ichthyosis.com site gave me some good ideas last year about eye drops. Refresh contact drops saved me on long trips from Indiana to Vegas (my residence). I'd recommend this stuff any day of the week.
My eyes are still pretty shot from just a bad astigmatism, however without the drops daily my contacts are pretty much useless, as my eyes become so dry that I can't even see past 100 feet.

So there is that...Any suggestions or sticky threads y'all wanna point the new guy too?

Thanks

#28778 - 01/28/13 04:33 PM Re: Hey! I'm new. [Re: CodyV]
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
welcome!
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#28780 - 01/29/13 02:03 AM Re: Hey! I'm new. [Re: CodyV]
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Hello Cody
Welcome to our ichthyosis forum and glad you found us. Everyone has their own method of dealing with ichthyosis. I have x-linked ichthyosis and use Lachydrin 12% lactic acid. Many of our friends have mentioned using a ceramide cream called Cerave, so I gave it a try and it works very well with 12% lactic acid. As you know, Las Vegas is very dry, just like my area of central California. What are you using to keep your skin moisturized? Some of our friends are using Tears Away (www.tearsaway.com) and Lacrilube to moisturize their eyes. Take care Cody and hope to hear about your experiences.
Les

#28781 - 01/29/13 02:33 AM Re: Hey! I'm new. [Re: CodyV]
CodyV Offline

I actually found that St. Ives (Or how ever it's spelt) intensive healing lotion, for "medical" purposes or burns works very well with my skin. Sadly I have to use quite a bit as hand fulls at a time go onto my sides and arms. I have two bottles of Cerave next to me...none to impressed with the results from my ST. Ives. The cream I have is so freaking oily it's annoying and the cleanser is...kinda weak? The St. Ives lotion isn't greasy at all, my skin feels the best out all of the other stuff I've used.

#28819 - 02/21/13 08:43 PM Re: Hey! I'm new. [Re: CodyV]
ChristinaG Offline

Loc: Woodland Hills,CA
Hi Cody,
you might want to talk to your optometrist about gas perm contacts. They will correct your astigmatism better than soft lenses and wont dry out. My son has XLI and the doc I work for is fitting him in gas perms. They don't need liquid like soft lenses so theres nothing to dry out. After getting use to them, they are much more comfy and way better vision than torics... Also, try the refresh gel drops if you haven't yet.
Christina

#29060 - 12/02/13 02:58 PM Re: Hey! I'm new. [Re: CodyV]
gregoryteamer Offline

hey, my name is Gregory and I'm looking for a reply from someone who has icythyosis mild version from birth, age anywhere between 23-43 and has schizophrenia who wants to be married and have children. I live in Chicago if interested Please email. gregoryteamer44@yahoo.com

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information