Salicylic acid? It works about as well as lactic, uric and glycolic acid. Some people switch between them.
At concentrations of 1%-5% it is pretty safe, but you can get salicylic acid poisoning if you're using really high concentrations for any length of time.
Orally, I can't imagine it would do anything for the skin. It works by loosening the scales by direct contact.
Ichthyosis-en-Confetti Type 2
Husband, Nathan - 10, Elliot - 7, Oliver - 4, all affected.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.
email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"