Topic Options
#28605 - 08/30/12 02:34 AM New Name for EHK?
Jr88 Offline

Registered: 03/13/04
Posts: 36
Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Has anyone noticed that EHK (Epidermolytic Hyperkeratosis) is technically and clinically labeled EI (Epidermolytic Ichthyosis) now? Not sure when that change officially occurred but I noticed it on the FIRST website, I didn't even get a vote! It does seem to simplify the term and now maybe even my family doctor might be able to pronounce it?

#28607 - 08/31/12 10:52 PM Re: New Name for EHK? [Re: Jr88]
Hearsay Offline


Registered: 01/16/04
Posts: 1449
Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
Yes, they changed EHK mostly because it had too many names. In some countries it was bCIE or autosomal dominant ichthyosis. In others, it was EHK, EI, or some other combination of acronyms.

They changed Lamellar and CIE (nbCIE) to ARCI, too. It happened about 2 years ago, but new journal articles and literature really just started to show up with the new designations in the last year.
Ichthyosis-en-Confetti Type 2
Husband, Nathan - 10, Elliot - 7, Oliver - 4, all affected.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"


Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information