Topic Options
#28552 - 07/24/12 02:47 AM Ichthyosis Vulgaris and Warts
Sandie Offline

Hi all!
I am the mother of an 8 year old girl with IV. We recently found a wonderful dermotologist who has finally found a regimen that's works wonders for my little girls skins. It's been two months and her skin has never looked better!
With that being said she now has warts on her hand. At first it was only one and the dermatologist froze it on 3 different occasions now she has 6 and they seem to be spreading. Home remedies are not working and I am worried that the freezing is only making it spread more. Of course I am probably way off base with that but I just don't understand it.
My question: have any of you experienced warts with a child that has IV? Does the IV make her more prone to them or harder to treat? Any tips you can give would be greatly appreciated!!!
PS my daughters skincare regimen consists of cool short baths every other day and Ceravae moisturizing cream twice a day.

Sandie

#28553 - 07/25/12 01:52 AM Re: Ichthyosis Vulgaris and Warts [Re: Sandie]
Glori Offline

Loc: Elk Rapids, Michigan
I don't know of any association with warts and IV, but I just remember at that age it seemed like all the kids in school had warts BUT me. I know that they are a virus and can be spread so I would be curious to find out if others in her class are getting them? Maybe it's something getting passed around?

#28563 - 07/26/12 09:07 PM Re: Ichthyosis Vulgaris and Warts [Re: Sandie]
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
She could be scratching and spreading it under her nails.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#28985 - 08/03/13 03:51 PM Re: Ichthyosis Vulgaris and Warts [Re: Sandie]
Daisyday Offline

I am a 55 yo female with ichthyosis vulgaris. I found out a year ago I have warts on my hands. If you are using any kind of cortisone, I would stop. Like your daughter, I always had to deal with cracked, dry skin and constant questions about what is wrong with my hands. I am emailing because I see u have not been on site recently. I will also post public because I believe this is a more common problem with IV. The skin naturally protects and hides the warts, so folks don't even know they have them. The skin cracking and being inflammed, attracts viruses. If anyone is curious I would be happy to share my treatment and progress under the care of a wonderful dermatologist.

#28986 - 08/03/13 03:53 PM Re: Ichthyosis Vulgaris and Warts [Re: Sandie]
Daisyday Offline

But also would love to hear others tx and experience with warts.

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information