Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#26826 - 08/30/10 06:19 PM Re: any new lotions? [Re: peter mackean]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi
I am from UK and was a bit lost for creams. Thanks to you AHA has changed my life too. I read your post and purchased it. I have used it for a month and find some darkening around legs and ankles.The rest of my body is fine. Have you had the same experience.

#26970 - 10/11/10 02:41 PM Re: any new lotions? [Re: johnie88]
Tony Witting Offline

Yes, there is prescription cream called kerofoam. It is made up of 42% urea which displaces dead skin. I use it in combination with 12% amlactin lotion which helps the skin to exfoliate. great results. Also, you can go to dermaltherapy.com an order their lotion which 10% urea mixed with 10% lactic acid.

#26971 - 10/11/10 09:18 PM Re: any new lotions? [Re: Tony Witting]
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Hello Tony
What company produces kerofoam and do you know the cost? Sounds like a very interesting combination of 42% urea with 12% amlactin.This is the highest combination of alpha hydroxy creams I have seen. Are there any side affects like stinging or redness? What type of ichthyosis do you have and I am interested in your experiences.
Sincerely,
Les

#26972 - 10/12/10 09:26 AM Re: any new lotions? [Re: Les Avakian]
ChristinaG Offline

Loc: Woodland Hills,CA
Hi Les,
I just did a little research online about Kerafoam and it looks like a good treatment. My sons insurance (Kasier) said they could order it for me, but they won't cover it under our plan. It cost $75 for a 60 gram bottle so it better work well! It's a foam so it's hard to judge how long a bottle will last...I'm ordering on bottle just to give it a try...My son (XLI) has been using Amlactin with good results in the past, but it now seems to not be working as well now...I'll let you know how his skin reacts to the Kerafoam.
Christina

#26973 - 10/12/10 10:25 AM Re: any new lotions? [Re: ChristinaG]
Les Avakian Offline

Hi Christina,
Thank you for the information. I look forward to hearing your experience with Kerafoam.At the Chicago conference in 2008, I learned about a cream called Kerol made by Doak Dermatologics, a subsidiary of Bradley Pharmacueticals. It consists of 50% urea with salicylic acid and it is by prescription. For adults I think it would be alright, but not sure about its use for children. Thank you Christina.
Sincerely,
Les

#26987 - 10/16/10 09:36 PM Re: any new lotions? [Re: Les Avakian]
ChristinaG Offline

Hello Les,
So, the Kerafoam ended up costing $128 thru Kaiser. I really wanted my son to try it, just to see if it would be good for his eyebrows and face. He hated it. it seemed to dry out his skin within minutes! I'm sure it's different for everyone, so if you'd like to try it I can send you the bottle. Zack only used it once so it's almost full. It seemed expensive, but due to the fact it is a foam, it goes really far!:) Email me your address and i'll send it to you.
Cjbergh@sbcglobal.net

#26988 - 10/17/10 10:31 AM Re: any new lotions? [Re: ChristinaG]
Les Avakian Offline

Good Morning Christina
Thank you for the nice gesture, but if Kerafoam dries your son`s skin, it would probably dry mine too. The price of Kerafoam is a little rich for my tastes, but if it works where other creams don`t, it could be beneficial to others. Some of our friends have success with Aqua Glycollic`s hand and body lotion made by Merz Pharmacueticals(800)253-9499. I am not sure if they sell a face cream.Have you tried Triceram made by Osmotics Corp? It is a very good cream for the very dry areas. Thank you Christina for your information.
Sincerely,
Les

#26999 - 10/19/10 11:58 PM Re: any new lotions? [Re: Les Avakian]
ChristinaG Offline

Hey Les,
I'm going to call Merz Pharmacueticals and find out if they have something for Zacks face. His brows are so bad...anyone have ideas on how to treat the eye area?
Christina

#27989 - 10/20/11 06:15 AM Re: any new lotions? [Re: XLLarry]
williams Offline

Hello,
I also use different products for beauty..... but i can't find any one better ....... some of one give me result but temporary... now i use Latisse .... and think good .
vivite review

Edited by williams (10/22/11 07:59 AM)

#28067 - 11/16/11 05:55 AM Re: any new lotions? [Re: XLLarry]
mickle Offline

Hello Everyone,

I've been using lacticare for years.
Does anyone use it?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information