Topic Options
#28043 - 11/11/11 02:06 AM 504 Plan
Lisa71 Offline

Loc: Westlake, OH United States
Hi everyone,

A mom of a child with CIE contacted me regarding setting up a 504 plan at their school. I am not familiar with these...can someone help me? Her son will be starting full-day kindergarten next year, and she would like a 504 in place at that time. Any help would be great...thank you!
Lisa

#28045 - 11/11/11 04:33 PM Re: 504 Plan [Re: Lisa71]
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
504 plans are for medical needs without educational delays. Ours is basically a list of the modifications our son needs in class.

1. temperature modifications - if it is too hot in an assembly, on the bus, in gym, at recess, etc, where should he go and what should they do.

2. Water bottle avail at all times.

3. physical delays - extra time for writing due to cracked hands, extra time in the bathroom for handwashing and creaming routine. Using markers and gel pens instead of pencils and crayons if pressure is an issue. Other modified dexterity things like softer balls in class, sitting out of dodgeball or other sorts of games where the other kids are likely to injure him. Let him be score keeper or pass out the equipment instead of playing the game.

Lisa, you have my number. Go ahead and pass it on if she wants to talk to me.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#28054 - 11/13/11 04:20 PM Re: 504 Plan [Re: Lisa71]
Lisa71 Offline

Loc: Westlake, OH United States
Thanks Jennifer....I will email your contact info to the mom and CC you in...

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information