Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27833 - 07/24/11 12:50 AM Re: Baby boy w/XLI and itchy scalp - advice? [Re: Sideshow_bob]
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
I am going to try the coconut oil, I have heard someone else mention it so I want to give it a try.

We also use the dermasmooth (at karen's advice) and we love it! We just leave it in overnight and then wash it out in the morning. Our derm said to do this two weeks on and two weeks off b/c its a steroid and we have had HUGE success.

We also have a salt water pool and its AMAZING what difference it has made in her skin and especially her hair. The scales literally fall off while she is swimming!

We also use Atarax at night and have been since she was really little and she sleeps well!

#27834 - 07/24/11 09:59 AM Re: Baby boy w/XLI and itchy scalp - advice? [Re: MomofPrincesses]
KiwiMum Offline

Loc: Gisborne, New Zealand
Hi,

We have been having problems with our little boys scalp too.

Last week I tried almond oil and it worked really well. I put it on his head, left it for about 10 mins, then carefully put a comb through his hair (took about 5 mins) and then washed his hair.

Not sure that this willl help anyone else but thought I would post it just in case.

#27835 - 07/25/11 12:17 PM Re: Baby boy w/XLI and itchy scalp - advice? [Re: KiwiMum]
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
I have heard of that as well, glad its working for you!

#27837 - 07/25/11 05:48 PM Re: Baby boy w/XLI and itchy scalp - advice? [Re: Sideshow_bob]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking for ideas, too. My 4-yr-old son has XLI. I have tried T-Gel shampoo and dandruff shampoos, but they are so drying, they make the problem worse.
What kind of shampoo works best for daily basis? Should it be something "moisturizing"? Does conditioner help at all or is it irrelevant?

For scale removal, our dermatologist prescribed Carmol Scalp Treatment Lotion, which works very well and does not seem to burn or itch my son's scalp, but is very expensive (>$100/tube).

#27850 - 07/30/11 04:43 AM Re: Baby boy w/XLI and itchy scalp - advice? [Re: Sideshow_bob]
happy12 Offline

spam

Edited by Hearsay (08/06/11 07:06 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information