Topic Options
#27808 - 07/12/11 09:19 PM larger size cloth diapers
EmberSparks Offline

My son still is wetting the bed at night (almost 6 years old) and his cloth diapers don't fit anymore. We've tried every brand of older kid diapers/pull-ups but they all rub off his skin badly. Does anyone know of any brands of cloth diapers for older kids? Thanks for the help!

#27812 - 07/13/11 12:47 AM Re: larger size cloth diapers [Re: EmberSparks]
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
Mine's 8 and has the same problem, but we're getting by with UnderJams.

How badly is he peeing? Could you use a feminine pad in his regular underwear or is he soaking through?

I used to work in a nursing home and they didn't use adult diapers. They had something called Promise pads. They were basically really big feminine products that fit into underwear but didn't leak. Those might work for you, as they are mostly cloth with no elastics.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#27813 - 07/13/11 02:35 AM Re: larger size cloth diapers [Re: Hearsay]
EmberSparks Offline

He SOAKS through. The dermatologist thinks he could be allergic to materials other than cotton & that it's not completely friction related. I'll look into the promise pads. Are they inserted inside of a cloth garment? That might work. I appreciate any ideas that might work. I'm tired of changing the bed one or two times a night.

I'm also thinking about getting an alarm. Has anyone used one of those?I know it's still fairly common for boys his age to wet at night, but it's such a pain with his skin that we'd like to encourage night training.

#27816 - 07/14/11 12:50 AM Re: larger size cloth diapers [Re: EmberSparks]
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
Tell me about it. I'm so tired of changing the sheets every day. I actually have the plastic mattress cover on upside down under his sheet so I don't have to wash that, too. Cloth side is down so when I take the sheet off, the plastic is right there and I can just spray it directly with lysol or febreeze or whatever I have handy.

Here's a link to their page: http://www.rpromise.com/tena/pads.html

I wonder if you called them they might send you a sample before you spend a lot of money on them.

My kids are seriously deep sleepers. We've tried getting him up at midnight and 2am and he's STILL wet in the morning, though usually not completely drenched. I can put him to bed at 8 and he's wet when I get him up at 10 or 11. I think he just dribbles out a little bit all night long instead of the sort of daytime control where you save it up and go all at once, and I have no idea how to get him past that. My 5yo is not night trained, either, but he's dry about half the time.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#27832 - 07/24/11 12:47 AM Re: larger size cloth diapers [Re: Hearsay]
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
Get on etsy.com and find a shop that sells cloth diapers, lots of them are out there, and ask them if they can make them in larger sizes! I have a friend that used to make cloth diapers and sell them and I am sure that she would do it! You could get the kind that button on the sides that they are easy to get on and off!

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information