Topic Options
#27671 - 06/02/11 02:36 AM Breaking and tearing of skin with EHK 3year old
Lauren Offline

Hi I hope everyone is doing well.It has been awhile since my last post, I have a girl turning 3 with EHK. Recently i noticed my daughter's skin esp. around the neck, armpits, neck of the back with extreme peeling somewhat of a breaking of skin. i have not seen her skin look this bad since she was born. I noticed red bumps on her entire back sort of like a heat rash, we just went to the pool over the holiday break, but she has always done well at pools or beach. Any suggestions or advice?

#27691 - 06/06/11 02:01 AM Re: Breaking and tearing of skin with EHK 3year old [Re: Lauren]
MamaH2 Offline

Loc: Virginia
load up on the petroleum jelly? Could she she have a sunburn on top of everything? I have no other suggestion than just making sure it doesn't get infected. Good luck. I hope that it is quick in passing.
~Lizzy

#27701 - 06/08/11 03:25 PM Re: Breaking and tearing of skin with EHK 3year old [Re: Lauren]
AT:) Offline

Hi Lauren,
I also have EHK (age 51 w/a 26 yr. old daugher w/EHK, too).
Swimming is the BEST rememdy for "our" skin, but it sounds like your angel may have had an allergic reaction, either to a topical sunscreen or something eaten. If it persists, go on to your dr.
Best Wishes...
just me,
AT cool

#27793 - 07/05/11 04:02 AM Re: Breaking and tearing of skin with EHK 3year old [Re: AT:)]
Lauren Offline

since our last post..we wanted to update laurn's condition..her entire body esp. her back and stomach had blisters size of small acne..at the top it would form a pus and brek out fluid would then seep out..we went to see our amazing Dr. Paller which calmed our fears ..Lauren had a steph skin infection ..she was prescibed antibiotics..fortunately this occurence happened 2 days before our family vacation to mexico..Dr. Paller informed us noy to worry and try to enjoy our vacation.. there at mexico lauren had an amazing time in the pool and beach and her skin never ever looked so clear and bright and soft..all the dry thick dark areas just came off..she is doing much better..because she got this infection the byproduct was that her skin peeled off all the excess dry skin making her look so healthy.

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information