Topic Options
#27764 - 06/23/11 06:14 AM Natural products to try
MomofCIEboy Offline

Loc: SW Michigan, USA
I am interested in knowing what natural products work well for you. Please share web links if possible. (I donít endorse or sell anything Iím sharing here. This is just a great place to share whatís worked for all of us!)

I found a fabulous product that I wanted to share with everyone. It's the "Beeswax Bar for Dry Skin", made by Laney Honey out of North Liberty, IN. We found it in a small-town grocery store (in southwestern Michigan), near a honey display.

See the Beeswax Bar for Dry Skin here:
https://laneyhoney.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=29&osCsid=fxsiakfq

The bar has just three ingredients (in this order): Safflower oil, Beeswax, and Vitamin E. The label reads ďThe oil moisturizes, the beeswax protects.Ē I can attest to that! It really does both! It's a 3 oz. bar with amazing texture - similar to a soft lip balm (in fact, I love using it on my lips! Youíll want to buy them for friends with ichthyosis, and without! The $6 price is actually very cheap when you consider how much those Burtís Bees lip balms cost! And this bar would last forever as a lip balm!) The scent is a nice, mild honey scent (only noticeable right under your nose).

It works great for quick skin touchups when we're out and about, especially on visible dry, scaly areas. It does leave a slight shine, not unlike Aquaphor (thank goodness those shimmery lotions and face creams are really popular right now! And in the summer itís not unusual for skin to look a little moist or shiny anyway.) The Beeswax Bar for Dry Skin is perfect for a purse or pocket, but youíll want to put it in a baggie or click-shut soap box. This is a great product for times when you donít want to carry Aquaphor (or other ointments or creams) around with you.

Cons: My only worry is that it might melt, like if I were to leave it in the hot car in the summer. If it melted it could make a real mess! So far Iíve avoided that. (Another good reason to keep it in a ziploc bag.)

#27862 - 08/06/11 03:40 AM Re: Natural products to try [Re: MomofCIEboy]
cschaap Offline

Loc: Crown Pt., Indiana
I have started using a goat's milk soap! I order through a place called Greenshire Farm the number is 517-547-8934. I love it! It is the only soap that doesn't dry my son's skin out. There are several different kinds but my favorites are Nature's Innocence and Comfort Spice:) Goat's Milk contains alpha hydroxy which is a natural exfoliant. It is very oil based and smells good too:) They add other essential oils too but all natural. I would not call it a "cure" soap but it is awesome in getting you clean but not drying you out;)

Candace

#27947 - 09/19/11 08:11 PM Re: Natural products to try [Re: MomofCIEboy]
d3vil Offline

http://www.thynofax.com/works.html ,check this site out..been usung it for a few months starting to see a difference

#28025 - 11/04/11 11:36 PM Re: Natural products to try [Re: d3vil]
d3vil Offline

UPDATE: been using thynofax since july 23 and now now 5 and seeing fantastic results,,,usually by now my skin really starts to scale and dry out but found out that as i bath and shed and lotion myself the build up dosen't return(ACTUALLY FINDING SMOOTH AREAS ON MY LEGS I NEVER SEEN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!)

#28288 - 03/22/12 08:41 AM Re: Natural products to try [Re: MomofCIEboy]
Chiranjeevi Offline

Loc: India
he best thing that yo u can do is ask the homeopathic about the natural products or their use.

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information