Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26846 - 09/03/10 05:22 PM Re: School having to provide airconditioning for class [Re: labalog]
Laurensmom Offline

Loc: north billerica, massachusetts...
So school started on what seemed like the hottest week of the summer. ACs are in the classroom and the temperature there is comfortable. The rest of the school is oppressive. Lauren had ART class on Wednesday and had to go back to her classroom when she got overheated. Im glad that they seem to be paying attnention. Bring on the Fall.

Shannon

#27647 - 05/23/11 04:05 AM Re: School having to provide airconditioning for class [Re: labalog]
MonkeyMama Offline

Loc: Georgia
Karla ~

How did everything work out this year? How are things going for Kaylee?

#27704 - 06/08/11 05:45 PM Re: School having to provide airconditioning for class [Re: rodkarbrown]
~ Leonards Mom~ Offline

Loc: us
Hello my son has itch-v and is going to the second grade this year I also work in the special ed department and am in the process of getting a 504 set up for him now because we are dealing with some issues of overheated classrooms due to old units in the building one day its cold one its hot it was never regulated in his previous classroom. A 504 would be the best thing to set up our was just a simple meeting and by law they have to abide by the 504 so be very firm in what you want them to do I suggest speaking with your derm and leave nothing out in the meeting for the 504. Remember you are in control since that is your child im sure they will try to say it is not in the budget to replace the air conditioner for her but too bad for them they have to make the accomidations to make her comfortable in school and able to participate without having to feel overheated and distracted by being uncomfortable.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information