Topic Options
#27564 - 04/18/11 01:03 AM Cooling vests covered by insurance?
brandynsmum Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Does anyone know if health insurance will cover cooling vests? I have found the one I'm going to buy for Brandyn this summer (and fingers crossed he will actually tolerate wearing it!!) and the representive I spoke to said that we may be able to claim it under our insurance.

I know it varies depending on the benefits of your particular policy but any advice on how you were able to get it covered would be greatly appreciated smile

#27576 - 04/21/11 02:16 AM Re: Cooling vests covered by insurance? [Re: brandynsmum]
MonkeyMama Offline

Loc: Georgia
That would be AWESOME if we could get it covered by insurance!!

We JUST ordered a new one for Cate last week. Not sure if you've gotten yours yet, but if you use Heat Relief Depot, let them know that it's for a medical reason [or use Kimberley Woodhouse's name as a referral] and you'll get a discount off of the regular price.

Totally not what you asked for, but I'm excited to see that you're doing for Brandyn what we're doing for Cate since they're so close in age. It makes me think we're on the right track. smile

#27605 - 05/01/11 07:49 PM Re: Cooling vests covered by insurance? [Re: MonkeyMama]
brandynsmum Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Thanks Sam! I'll have a look smile I've been looking at a few different types but I don't think I've seen the one you mentioned. I'm going to try my best to have it covered by insurance. I don't know whether or not it will happen and it doesn't really matter because we need it no matter what but it would certainly be a big help!

I'm hoping that the vest makes a big difference. Last summer was miserable because Brandyn wanted to play outside all the time and it was just impossible.

#27609 - 05/03/11 03:26 PM Re: Cooling vests covered by insurance? [Re: brandynsmum]
MonkeyMama Offline

We just got ours in the mail late Friday and it's amazing!! I am so happy with it (other than the fact that it's a little smaller than I hoped, but I really think that's a result of measuring error on my part!). Cate was able to play outside for about 20 minutes on Saturday and another 30 or so minutes on Sunday (it was cooler).

I am super, super pleased and HIGHLY recommend using them. It wasn't nearly as expensive as I expected it to be, either.

I'll try and get a picture posted later today.

#27611 - 05/06/11 07:51 PM Re: Cooling vests covered by insurance? [Re: MonkeyMama]
LittleLove Offline

Loc: West Caldwell, NJ USA
Hi, which vest did you all order? I really want to order one for Portia this summer, but can't decide between the ones with the ice packs and the ones you soak in water. Any guidance? Thank you!
and Myles Dillon, 10.16.10
both with NBCIE
-----------------------------------

#27629 - 05/14/11 02:40 AM Re: Cooling vests covered by insurance? [Re: LittleLove]
MonkeyMama Offline

Jolie,

We ordered the 'phase change cooling vest' for Cate from Heat Relief Depot. We're very happy with our choice, though we would have ordered it a little bigger. We measured her correctly, but it seems a bit small. It has phase change ice packs in it and I like that a lot better than soaking it in water.

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information