Topic Options
#27540 - 04/06/11 01:20 AM Scalp Itching in the Sun
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
Kallie has Lamellar/CIE depending on the part of her body. Her scalp is and always has been really bad. I do the best I can but she is at an age where she won't sit still long enough to do much and doesn't understand the need. I find that even if she doesn't get hot, as soon as her head heats up with the sun she starts scratching at it and gets grumpy. Any advice?

I just ordered her a Nike Dri Fit hat to see if she will wear it and if that will help keep the sun off her head but allow her head to cool as well. Any other advice would be great?!

#27556 - 04/14/11 04:17 AM Re: Scalp Itching in the Sun [Re: MomofPrincesses]
kekonen Offline

Annalie is starting to do this a bit too. Last summer she didn't have much hair so we didn't have this problem!

I just started using DermaSmoothe on Annalie's scalp tonight since we haven't been doing anything to treat it, so I'm wondering if that will help. It's supposed to help with itching and the scales, so maybe if there are fewer scales her head won't be so itchy?

Let me know if the hat works!

#27558 - 04/14/11 01:32 PM Re: Scalp Itching in the Sun [Re: kekonen]
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
It works GREAT! I ordered it on Amazon for $7.99, its hot pink and really cute. I just ordered her another light pink one. Before the hat we would be outside 5min and she would be itching and upset, yesterday we stayed out at least a half hour and no complaints!

Tell me about DermaSmoothe, what is it, how do you use it and where do you find it?!

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information