Topic Options
#27212 - 12/06/10 08:51 PM Best fabric for Lamellar Ichthyosis? Input please!
SusieL Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hello, friends! I am purchasing robes for my children and need some input. There are so many fabrics out there from microfleece to terrycloth... what is the best for my kids with Lamellar Ichthyosis? I need a fabric that won't just soak up all their Vaseline but also will be comfortable to wear (not catch on the dry skin.) What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Daughter, Emma born 9/2001 -unaffected
Son, Andrej born 8/2003 - has Lamellar Ichthyosis
Daughter, Tori born 3/2006 - has Lamellar Ichthyosis

#27214 - 12/07/10 07:16 PM Re: Best fabric for Lamellar Ichthyosis? Input please! [Re: SusieL]
Glori Offline

Loc: Elk Rapids, Michigan
For dealing with EHK and vaseline, I prefer flannel or that thick super soft microfleece. If you have a lot of vaseline on, the flannel tends to stick to you a little but it doesn't soak up the vaseline!

#27253 - 12/17/10 02:10 AM Re: Best fabric for Lamellar Ichthyosis? Input please! [Re: Glori]
brandynsmum Offline

Loc: Connecticut
We use aquaphor and I find that thick 100% cotton holds up best. We use fleece pajamas in the winter because Brandyn refuses to have a blanket and honestly, they are wrecked after a few washes because of the cream. So during the day we use cotton clothing and we just end up spending a lot of money on pajamas wink

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information